Nederland, TX can be warm in spring. While the spring weather isn't as withering as summer's heat, it's occasionally been known to make us crank up the air conditioner. Here are seven hints for staying comfortable this spring:
1. Have your HVAC system inspected every spring (and every fall). At Thermacon Service Company, Inc, our air conditioning specialists offer regular air conditioner maintenance to keep your system running more efficiently and keep your home more comfortable during the warmer weather.
2. Have a NATE-certified air conditioner repair and installation technician who is a participating Energy Star home performance contractor complete a home performance evaluation and recommend improvements.
3. Call on the air conditioning specialists who did your home performance evaluation to help you complete the improvements that will increase your system's efficiency, maximizing your air conditioning options and making your air conditioner work better than ever.
4. If your system needs repair, call your local NATE-certified air conditioner repair and installation specialist to handle the repairs, since factory-trained air conditioning specialists have the skills needed to do the job right.
5. If your HVAC system is an older, less energy-efficient model, you may want to consider replacing it to increase your current comfort and beat the summer heat. Our air conditioner repair and installation technicians handle HVAC installations all over the Nederland, TX area. This is one of the best possible air conditioning options for keeping your home cool in warm weather.
6. Clean or replace your HVAC system's filters monthly. This will increase the efficiency of your air conditioner, keeping you cooler on warm spring days.
7. On unseasonably warm days, close blinds or curtains to minimize the heat that builds up in your home as the sun shines through the windows. This will help keep indoor temperatures cooler and should allow you to wait until much later in the day to turn on your air conditioner – one of the best air conditioning options for saving money.
At Thermacon, we offer a wide range of air conditioning options that can help you stay cool and comfortable in spring. Air conditioner repair and installation, HVAC inspection, and home performance evaluations are some of the ways our air conditioning specialists make your home a little more relaxing in spring.